Providing care for a loved one that keeps them safe and maintains their quality of life in the home setting is referred to as in-home care. In recent years, home care has become a more and more popular choice for older adults that need additional care and support. Here are 5 top reasons home care can be best option for you or a loved one:
1. Independence - with in-home care, clients are encouraged to be as independent as possible. Often, people are able to live independently with little or no help at all. However, some need assistance due to physical or mental limitations that come with aging. Home Care companies help seniors maintain independence for as long as possible. Caregivers assist clients in activities of daily living, such as grocery shopping, cleaning, cooking and other activities that enable older adults to live at home independently. Home Care Solutions of St. Louis understands that in order to maintain true levels of independence, it is important for seniors to be involved in their own care.
2. Personalized care - Personalized in-home care assures that you or your loved one will receive only the services they need. The type of care older adults need is varied and diverse according to their individualized care plan. Some may need a few hours of housekeeping a week, and others may need around-the-clock care.
3. Safety - There are some simple ways to age in the comfort of your home. Many changes are easy to make and inexpensive. Safety equipment installed makes it safer for older adults to remain in their home. Grab bars, walkers, wheel chairs, non-slip carpets, and other safety devices help keep your loved one safe.
4. Prevention of Caregiver burnout - A common problem when seniors stay in their own home is the danger of caregiver burnout. Burnout can occur when caregivers don't get the help they need, or if they try to do more than they are able, either physically or financially. Caregivers who are "burned out" may experience fatigue, stress, anxiety, and depression. In-home care can allow a person to stay with someone while you get out of the house and take a break from the everyday stress, providing you with peace of mind while you are gone. Your loved probably needs a break from you as well.
5. Lower Cost - Home care is more affordable that many realize, more older adults could utilize professional care to stay in their homes if they knew how modest the cost really is. In-home care providers are usually less expensive than nursing homes, adult day care & assisted living facilities. With in-home care, you have the option of hiring someone for only the hours when your loved one needs help the most.
For more information on Home Care Solutions of St. Louis or to receive a free in home assessment today please contact us.